Most Suitable Environment For High Return On Investment
- Free market democracy with a legal and regulatory framework that rewards free enterprise, entrepreneurship and risk taking.
- Virtually full convertibility on capital and currency account transactions.
- Liberal regime for capital and pidend/profit repatriation.
- India"s time tested institutions offer foreign investors a transparent environment that guarantees the security of their long term investments. These include a vibrant press, a well-established judiciary, a sophisticated legal and accounting system and a user friendly intellectual infrastructure.
Expanding Consumer Base
- 300 million strong consumer class (63 million households) growing at 8% .
- Expected to have income of over US $.6,000 per household by 2015 (over $.30,000 in PPP terms).
- According to a study by the McKinsey Global Institute (MGI), India's consumer market will be the world's fifth largest (from twelfth) in the world by 2025. A huge market by any yardstick.
Dynamic Robust Financial System
- Suitable Policy environment and independent institution guarantee rule of law.
- Events like Asian Currency Crisis, Dotcom Bust, Rising Oil Prices had no significant impact on India"s economic growth.
- Even in the current global economic crisis, Indian economy continues to grow at a healthy rate.
- According to a study “Dreaming with BRICS “ by Goldman Sachs, Indian economy is expected to continue growing at the rate of 5 per cent or more till 2050.
- Young, Versatile and Skilled Human Capital
- Unparalleled resource of an educated, hard working, skilled and ambitious workforce.
- World"s largest pool of English knowing scientists and engineers.
- India"s skilled, managerial and technical manpower matches the best in the world.
Sound Economic Fundamentals
- Economic paratameters like Low Stable Inflation Rates, Stable Interest Rates, Increasing Savings Rates,Increasing Forex Reserves confirm the sound health of India"s economy.
- Abundant Resources
- Large mineral reserves one of the largest producers of agricultural commodities.
- Reserves of coal, iron ore, manganese, bauxite chromium are among the largest in the world.
- Large quantities of mica, titanium ore, chromites, natural gas and limestone are also to be found.
Cosmopolitan, Multicultural Lifestyle
- India has always been known appreciated for its multi-cultural, tolerant, inclusive environment.
- A well-developed social urban infrastructure with enabling environments makes it easier for foreigners to settle and do business in the country.
Investor Friendly and Stable Reform Regime
- India has adopted one of the most investor friendly, transparent and liberal FDI regimes with relaxed FDI norms, low tax rates and reduced import duties.
- Differential treatment is limited to a few entry rules only.